Cong in MP seeks ban on Rajkumar Santoshi's film 'Gandhi Godse - Ek Yudh' - Bhopal News
by IANS | Updated Jan 15, 2023
Upset over the trailer of the film, senior Congress leader and former minister P.C. Sharma on Sunday demanded a ban on its release. Sharma, an MLA from Bhopal, talking to reporters on Sunday, also sought dissolution of the Censor Board.
The Congress legislator said: "I am surprised! How can the Censor Board pass this movie which is insulting our Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi? How can one compare Gandhi with Nathuram Godse?"
"The Prime Minister is also from Gujarat. Why this double standard? The Censor Board is acting at the behest of the BJP. I think the board should be disbanded," Sharma said while wondering: "Why is there a Censor Board if it is not independent to take decisions?"
"The Congress will request the Madhya Pradesh government to put a ban on ' Gandhi Godse - Ek Yudh' in the state. The BJP government of Madhya Pradesh also cites the examples of Mahatma Gandhi. This film should not be released," the Congress leader added.
Ever since the film's trailer was released, the Congress has been raising objections, while also accusing the BJP of being behind the making of such a movie.
On Friday, the Congress workers had burnt the effigy of the film's director Rajkumar Santoshi in Bhopal.
The Congress has warned that the film would not be allowed to be released in theatres in Bhopal under any circumstances.
The party said that after watching the trailer of the film, it seems that this film has been made under "a well thought out conspiracy".
The party said "objectionable scenes and dialogues about Muslim society and Mahatma Gandhi have been shown in this film. Fabricated things have also been told in the film. This film will divide the country".
The trailer of " Gandhi Godse - Ek Yudh " was released on January 11.
In the 3-minute trailer, Mahatma Gandhi and Nathuram Godse are seen "fighting a battle of ideas". Godse holds Gandhi responsible for the Partition and plans to assassinate him.
- Plane carrying Andhra Pradesh CM makes emergency landing
- MP minister Narottam Mishra plays anchor role in bringing back Katni mayor to BJP
- Meet Kashmir's self-taught artist whose Insta page of artworks is a hit
- Taaraka Ratna continues to be in critical state at B'luru hospital
- Prime Minister urges UNGA President on Security Council reforms
- Goa minister condemns Amit Shah's statement on Mhadei
- Accountant held for harassing his ex-fiancee
- Chhattisgarh coal levy extortion scam: ED attaches more assets worth Rs 17.48 cr
- Nitish Kumar suffering from memory loss, says BJP MLA
- 'All wolves are joining hands but I will fight them like a lion', Jagan targets Oppn