Coimbatore car blast case: NIA likely to make more arrests - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
The police had arrested six people immediately after the car blast at Coimbatore in which 29-year-old Islamic terrorist, Jameesha Mubin died in the Diwali eve blast.
Those arrested are Mohammed Azharudheen (23), Afsar Khan (27), Mohammed Nawaz Ismail (24), Firoz Ismail (27), Mohammed Riyas (27), and Mohammed Talha (25). Of this Mohammed Talha is the nephew of S.A. Basha, founder leader of Al Umma and a convict in the 1998 Coimbatore blast case.
After taking over the investigation, the premier investigation agency arrested, Mohammed Thoufeek (25) of Podannur in Coimbatore district, Umar Farook (39) of Coonor in The Nilgiris, and Feroze Khan (28) of South Ukkadam.
The NIA then arrested two more persons on December 28, Sanofar Ali and Sheikh Hidayathullah. The agency has found out that the accused had conducted several meetings before executing the plan on October 23.
Sources in the NIA told IANS that more arrests are likely to happen and interrogation of the arrested was taking place in Chennai.
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM