China issues 2nd highest alert for cold wave - Beijing News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
From Friday to January 17, temperatures are expected to plunge by 8 to 12 degrees Celsius in most of central and eastern China, according to the National Meteorological Centre.
During the period, parts of Heilongjiang, Jilin, and Liaoning will see temperatures plummet by over 20 degrees Celsius, accompanied by strong winds, reports Xinhua news agency.
Heavy snow is forecast to hit parts of the provinces of Shanxi, Shaanxi, Hebei, Henan, Shandong and Anhui, as well as Tibet Autonomous Region and Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon.
The centre advised the public to keep warm amid the temperature plunge and be mindful of traffic hazards under unfavourable weather conditions.
- Police targeted in Peshawar mosque attack; toll mounts to 47
- Sikhs call for probe after N Carolina gurdwara vandalised
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr