China asks India not to underestimate its will - New Delhi/Beijing News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
Even as China's President Xi Jinping has remained tight-lipped about the escalation of tensions between India and China, especially after the killing of 20 Indian soldiers in a violent stand-off between the two sides at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, Beijing's spokesperson took to social media to respond to India's warning.
In a couple of tweets, Foreign Ministry spokesperson of China, Hua Chunying said, "India must not misjudge the current situation or underestimate China's firm will to safeguard its territorial sovereignty."
China has been laying claim over Galwan valley in the union territory of Ladakh.
Hua also repeated that "Indian front-line broke the consensus and crossed the Line of Actual Control, deliberately provoking and attacking Chinese officers and soldiers, thus triggering fierce physical conflicts and causing casualties".
The statement on Twitter came while Indian and Chinese militaries are holding talks about the confrontation in Ladakh.
India's Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar in a phone conversation with his Chinese counterpart on Wednesday had asked China to "reassess its actions and take corrective steps" in view of the "unprecedented" violence along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.
Jaishankar had also accused China of taking "pre-meditated and planned action that was directly responsible for the resulting violence and casualties".
- Facing eviction, Air India Colony residents left to fend for themselves
- A weakened BJP in C'garh struggles to find a face to counter Baghel
- Long Covid cripples millions & best protection is vaccination, say experts
- Live in an igloo, not in the Arctic, but in Manali
- Widespread rain/snow likely in Kashmir
- TN civil supplies, police on high alert as smuggling of PDS rice continues
- Hopes rise for Air India colony residents in Delhi after Bombay HC order
- Gujarat junior clerk paper leak: ATS takes 15 suspects in custody (Ld)
- Astro Zindagi (Weekly Horoscope)
- Two held for insulting national anthem in UP