Child raped and murdered in Gujarat's Botad - Botad (Gujarat) News
by IANS | Updated Jan 16, 2023
Investigating officer V B Desai told IANS the "victim had left her house around 4.30 p.m. saying that she was going to catch falling kites, (flown on Makar Sankranti). When she did not return till sunset, her family members began searching for her. They also informed the police, who found her body in some bushes at an isolated place in the Bhagwanpura area. Her family is from the Devipujak community."
The officer said, "when the police found the girl's body around 9 p.m., it was half naked, her mouth was stuffed with plastic, there were assault marks on her. The body has been sent for post-mortem."
On Monday afternoon, the Devipujak community members staged a protest in Botad town demanding the immediate arrest of the accused and severe punishment.
- A painting session for seniors at Mumbai Urban Art Festival by St+Art India
- Dating and deal breakers
- Who are the actual beneficiaries of tax rebates: DYFI asks FM
- Cong or Third Front? Nitish plays his cards close to his chest for 2024
- It's Advantage BJP in UP as egos come in the way of Oppn unity
- Oppn needs Cong as unifying glue - and charismatic unifying face (IANS Column: FairPoint)
- Lack of clarity blurs KCR's roadmap for a 'Third Front'
- No worries in Maha: MVA allies are as inseparable as 'Amar Akbar Anthony'
- DMK celebrates Bharat Jodo Yatra success, eyes clean sweep in TN
- United on Adani, but divided on alliance: Oppn's fragile equations