Chennai Police to install 200 more ANPR cameras to curb traffic violations - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Feb 05, 2023
According to a senior traffic police officer, these cameras would be installed at 50 different locations under Chennai Police limits. The ANPR cameras can automatically detect those jumping traffic signals and using mobile phones while driving in the process of expanding coverage under the Traffic Regulation Observation Zone (TROZ).
ANPR cameras are now linked to the VAHAN portal and this will help generate e-challans automatically in the name of traffic violators. A call centre will be dedicated for pulling up those who do not pay the fine in the stipulated period.
An Intelligent Video Management System (IVMS) is linked to the ANPR cameras and this will monitor, detect and record any attempts of vehicle theft on the roads.
Police said that if the IVMS detects vehicle theft, automatic alerts will be generated as voice calls and SMS and WhatsApp messages to the nearby police station. Officers in the rank of inspectors and above will also be alerted through SMS and WhatsApp messages and calls.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them