Chennai customs seize narcotics pills sent in postal parcel - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
The parcel was seized at the Foreign Post Office here and one person has been arrested in this connection.
According to the Commissioner of Customs, the parcel was found to contain one tin toy box in which two plastic pouches were present.
"On opening the pouches, green-yellow colour pills and pink colour pills were found ingeniously concealed inside. The pills tested positive for MDMA (3,4- methylenedioxy-methamphetamine), a narcotics substance," the statement said.
The 400 pills are valued at Rs 12 lakh.
The green-yellow colour pills are commonly known as 'Brazuca' and contain more than 220 mg MDMA, whereas the pink colour pills, known as 'Givenchy', has 250 mg of MDMA. Samples have been sent to the laboratory.
The parcel was consigned to a person based in Bhimavaram in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, about 550 km from Chennai.
As a follow up action, a search was got carried out at his residential address by a team of officers from Customs (Preventive) Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh.
The accused was brought to Chennai by a special team of Chennai Air Customs by road. He confessed to his role in the smuggling and was arrested and produced before the judicial magistrate who sent him to judicial custody.
The accused, who is an engineering dropout, said he had booked the parcel online through 'Dark Web' and had made the payment in 'Bitcoin', a form of Crypto-Currency.
- Kejriwal renewed attack on L-G to 'divert media attention' from ED chargesheet: Delhi BJP
- Two members of Bambiha gang held with illegal arms procured from MP
- 2 held at IGI airport with medicines valued at Rs 86.40L
- 3 injured after DTC bus crashes into subway crossing
- K'taka sex CD scandal: BJP prepares to handover case to CBI
- Lawyer held in Goa for committing theft in court
- 8 specially-abled children from Delhi to take part in World Scout Jamboree
- Two bystanders injured after two men open fire in Delhi's Bhogal market
- I-T dept raids over 30 locations of five builder groups across Jaipur
- January payment to be cleared soon: MCD commissioner tells HC