CBI files murder case against CMD of Amrapali Group, 8 others - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
In December 2022, the Patna High Court had directed the CBI to look into the matter and file a case after taking over the probe from the local police.
Sharad Chandra, the then Secretary of Balika Vidyapeeth, was shot dead while he was reading newspaper at his residence at about 6:30 p.m. on August 2, 2014.
The accused persons had allegedly hatched a criminal conspiracy to usurp land and assets belonging to the Balika Vidyapeeth.
"In August 2009, Anil Sharma had usurped the trust of Balika Vidyapeeth with the help of Rajendra Prasad Singhania, Praveen Kumar Sinha, Shyam Sunder Prasad and Shambhu Sharan Singh. After the deceased was removed forcibly, a dispute was going on between both the parties.
"The income of Balika Viyapeeth was being usurped by opening a personal account operated by Praveen Kumar Sinha and Shyam Sundr Singh. Sharad Chandra was complaining about the unlawful manner in which Balika Vidyapeeth was being run. The deceased was also regularly threatened and attacked, his house was damaged and bullets were fired in the past," read the CBI FIR.
The CBI will now file a chargesheet in the matter after completing its investigation.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time