CBI arrests I-T officer from Mumbai in bribe case - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 05, 2023
The CBI said that a case was registered against Umesh Kumar, Income Tax Officer, on the allegations that he demanded bribe of Rs 10,000 from a man and agreed to accept Rs 8,000 for giving favour to him from prosecution and for cancellation of his another Pan Card.
A trap was laid and the accused was caught red-handed while demanding and accepting the bribe of Rs 8,000 from the complainant.
Searches were conducted at the office and residential premises of the accused which led to recovery of several incriminating documents.
- 'Extremely excessive': SC quashes Rs 2 crore compensation for haircut gone wrong
- No coal shortage in country, says Centre
- Importing coal through rail-ship-rail formula illogical: Punjab AAP
- Delhi HC takes on record RGCI's stand to provide free treatment to poor patients in OPD, IPD
- Shinde-Fadnavis govt to present maiden state Budget on March 9
- Sikkim wears deserted look, bandh evokes good response
- PM tears into Oppn, terms allegations against him as baseless
- Gujarat man tries to flee after stabbing wife, dies in accident
- Ruckus in Bengal Assembly as Guv's speech 'omits' reference to scams
- Telangana DGP urged to take action against Revanth Reddy