Cattle scam: Anubrata Mondal's judicial custody extended by 14 days - Kolkata News
by IANS | Updated Jan 05, 2023
At the same time the judge of the said court Rajesh Chakraborty allowed the CBI sleuths to interrogate Mondal within the correction home premises anytime between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. In fact, the CBI made an appeal to the special court for permission to question Mondal within the correctional home premises.
On Thursday, the CBI counsel informed the court that 48 additional witnesses in the cattle- smuggling cases have been questioned by the investigating officials since the time the charge sheet in the case was filed and these witnesses have also been named in the agency's report to the court.
The next hearing in the matter is scheduled on January 19.
On Wednesday, the Calcutta High Court's division bench of Justice Joymalya Bagchi and Justice Ajay Kumar Gupta rejected the bail plea of Mondal in the cattle- smuggling scam. Earlier Calcutta High Court's single-judge bench of Justice Bibek Chaudhuri had rejected the plea related to the ED's FIR earlier and on Wednesday the division bench also rejected his bail plea.
On Thursday, Mondal was presented at the special court of CBI in Asansol at around 11 a.m. His counsel did not move any bail plea. Unlike the other days of his appearance at this court, on Thursday, there was not much crowd of Mondal's followers at the court premises.
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time
- Two UP officials booked for trader's death in custody
- Woman murdered in Magh Mela township in UP
- Maurya's MP daughter avoids controversy, focuses on polls
- Sitharaman to present economic survey for 2022-23 in Parliament today
- Ramcharitmanas row: Retired IPS officer comes out in support of Maurya