Cate Blanchett wraps up Warwick Thornton's 'The New Boy' - Los Angeles News
by IANS | Updated Dec 07, 2022
Blanchett takes both a starring role and a producer credit in the film, reports 'Variety'.
Set in 1940s Australia, 'The New Boy' is the story of a nine-year-old Aboriginal orphan boy (portrayed by newcomer Aswan Reid) who arrives in the dead of night at a remote monastery, run by a renegade nun (Blanchett). There his presence disturbs the delicately balanced world in a story of spiritual struggle and the cost of survival.
Other established names in the cast include Deborah Mailman and Wayne Blair. An ensemble of new faces including Shane Brady, Tyrique Brady, Laiken Woolmington, Kailem Miller, Kyle Miller, Tyzailin Roderick and Tyler Spencer round out the cast.
Thornton is one of Australia's most celebrated filmmakers. His 'Samson And Delilah' won the Camera d'Or for best first film at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival. His "Sweet Country" won the Special Jury Prize at the Venice Film Festival and the Platform Prize at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2017.
- Sidharth Malhotra reaches Jaisalmer, wedding functions to start on Feb 5
- Sid-Kiara wedding: 'No phone policy' announced
- Fan asks SRK box-office collections of 'Pathaan', actor replies with witty remark
- Kiara-Sid to reach Jaisalmer on Feb 5, families to arrive on Saturday
- Kiara, Sidharth to take 'saaat phere' at Jaisalmer's Suryagarh Palace
- Thalapathy Vijay's film No. 67 finally gets a name - 'LEO'
- Dino Morea showcases his football skills in Instagram Reel
- Aisha Ahmed recollects how people in Chandni Chowk thought Akshay Kumar is arriving to shoot 'Minus One: New Chapter'
- Shania Twain drops new album 'Queen of Me'
- Gippy Grewal's Punjabi film 'Honeymoon' completes 100 days in cinemas