Cash van guard shot dead, Rs 8 lakh looted in Delhi (Lead) - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
The deceased guard has been identified as Jai Singh.
According to a senior police official, a police control room (PCR) call was received at around 5 p.m. regarding a firing incident and loot of a cash van, following which a police team rushed to the spot.
"At around 4.50 p.m, one cash van had arrived at ICICI ATM near Jagatpur flyover for depositing cash. One person came from behind and fired at the cash van guard and fled away taking the money," the official said.
"The guard was declared dead at the hospital," said the official.
A case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code has been registered, police said, adding that several police teams are working on the case and scanning CCTV cameras in the area to identify the accused.
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent
- India offers customised training modules to Royal Cambodian Army
- Kerala transgender couple gears up for parenthood after trans man gets pregnant
- 'Will apply only prospectively': SC on order to treat OCIs as NRIs in tests for medical courses
- Delhi HC asks Nagpur Jail to provide books to 2006 Mumbai train blasts convict