Carcass of wild elephant found in Assam district - Guwahati News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
According to the official, the tusker's carcass was discovered by locals on Monday evening in the Takawni Reserve Forest following which the forest department was notified.
The cause of the elephant's death is yet to be ascertained. Although, some suspect that poisoning may be the reason.
Forest officials have taken samples from the carcass and sent it for autopsy.
Jumbos frequently leave their natural habitat in search of food, but in the process invade homes and cause damage.
Last year, there were a number of elephant deaths.
In majority of cases, electrocution was found to be the main cause of death.
Recently, the state government authorised the construction of elevated highways and underpasses for the movement of wild animals to minimise accidental deaths.
- 2020 Delhi riots: Court acquits nine accused
- Fire breaks out at Amara Raja plant in Andhra Pradesh
- Tanzania delegation meets BJP chief Nadda in Delhi
- 18-year-old stabbed to death in South Delhi
- Rajasthan Governor inaugurates Lokotsav in Goa
- Yediyurappa announces retirement from electoral politics
- As iconic Kovalam hotel marks golden jubilee, scholarships worth Rs 10 mn announced
- 'Bharat Jodo Yatra' brought all anti-social elements together: BJP MP Sudhanshu Trivedi
- Congress strategists think Rahul has emerged as leader in opposition