Cabinet approves setting up of 3 new multi-state cooperative societies - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
It will act as an apex organisation for production, procurement, processing, branding, labelling, packaging, storage, marketing and distribution of quality seeds.
The seed society will also promote strategic research and development and also develop a system for preservation and promotion of indigenous natural seeds.
It will further promote seed replacement rate (SRR) and varity replacement rate (VRR) and help reduce the yield gaps and enhance productivity.
The Cabinet also approved setting up of a national level multi-state cooperative organic society under MSCS Act, 2002.
It will act as an umbrella organisation or aggregation, procurement, certification, testing, branding and marketing of organic products.
The Union Cabinet further approved setting up of a national level multi-state cooperative export society under MSCS Act, 2002.
This entity will facilitate export of surplus goods and services produced by various cooperative societies across the country with support from relevant union ministries.
- LoP urges govt to ensure Goa on Pope Francis' itinerary during India visit
- Cow found slaughtered in Delhi, FIR lodged
- Erode East by-poll: BJP extends support to AIADMK candidate
- Adani gets contracts wherever PM visits: Rahul
- Kerala govt schools to get 36,366 more laptops
- Former servicemen said idea of Agniveer came from RSS: Rahul
- Highest murders of Hindus took place during BJP rule in K'taka: Siddaramaiah
- Man lynched to death in Assam on suspicion of cow theft, 14 arrested
- B'luru: Friends call two women to party, attempt to rape them
- BJP conspiring to do away with reservation: Akhilesh