Bumrah returns from injury, included in ODI series against Sri Lanka (Ld) - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 03, 2023
Bumrah has been out of action since September 2022 and was subsequently ruled out of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup due to a back injury.
"The pacer has undergone rehabilitation and has been declared fit by the National Cricket Academy (NCA). He will be joining the Team India ODI squad soon," the BCCI said in a statement.
The ODI series against Sri Lanka starts on January 10 in Guwahati. The second and third matches will be played on January 12 and 15 in Kolkata and Thiruvananthapuram.
India had announced the ODI squad in December and Bumrah was initially not included with reports citing that the BCCI was cautious about rushing the pacer back into the mix.
Besides Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik and Arshdeep Singh are the other pacers in the squad with all-rounder Hardik Pandya also in the mix.
Updated squad for Sri Lanka ODIs: Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (VC), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh.
- PVL: Presence of fans in stadiums across the three cities will add to the electrifying atmosphere inside the venues, says Joy Bhattacharjya
- Women's T20 Tri-series: Deepti Sharma helps dominant India thrash West Indies
- La Laga 2022-23: Four things we learned in Spain's Matchday 19 (Analysis)
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Tim David as replacement for injured Livingstone
- SA20: MI Cape Town pick Henry Brookes in place of Olly Stone for 2023 season
- MP CM Shivraj Chouhan declares Khelo India Youth Games open in Bhopal
- Sachin Tendulkar, BCCI office-bearers to felicitate World Cup-winning U19 women's team
- World Veterans TT: Yogesh Desai claims gold in 70+, Mantu Murmu wins women's 60+ crown
- Boxer Tamanna Beniwal looking to win 4th medal in Khelo India Youth Games
- New Zealand's Bracewell refuses to criticise Lucknow pitch after losing T20I on spin-friendly track