'Bulleya' hitmaker Papon celebrates Bihu with band members - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
Also known as Magh Bihu, the festival marks the end of the harvesting season and ushers in the Assamese New Year.
The week-long festival starting with Uruka, is celebrated by families sitting around a bonfire and making feasts.
However, this year, due to his busy schedule and concerts, Papon celebrated the festival in a different way by giving it a personal touch.
He celebrated pre-Uruka with his two families -- his band and his family.
As Papon had a music concert in Mumbai, he was not able to make the feast, but he still took out time to celebrate the festival.
To maintain the festival's significance, he celebrated pre-Uruka on his balcony with his band and family.
Talking about his childhood memory of the festival, he added" "This is an important festival. I have a lot of childhood memories connected to this festival, so I wanted to keep up with the tradition and celebrate it. Who better to celebrate this than my two families? I spent so much time with my band that it only made sense to include them in this celebration."
The singer had a music concert in Mumbai on Friday evening and will have his next in Guwahati on January 2.
- 'Splitsvilla X4': Sunny Leone motivates contestant, shares about her trying days
- Imagine Dragons breathe fire with Instagram reels rage 'Bones' at Lollapalooza India
- 'Mom is no more,' says Rakhi Sawant
- Manoj Bajpayee recounts shooting the 'cloth-washing' scene in 'Gangs of Wasseypur'
- Bad throat couldn't stop AP Dhillon from belting out the very best
- AP Dhillon flings ukelele at charged-up Lollapaloza crowd in Mumbai
- Pamela Anderson's ex leaves $10mn in his will despite 12-day marriage
- Kanye West throws pap's phone in the middle of the street
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui prays to Lord Hanuman as he announces his Telugu debut
- 'Pathaan' SRK talks about box-office success, tags 'Tiger' Salman as 'GOAT'