BSF shoots down Pakistani drone in Punjab; heroin seized - Chandigarh News
Chandigarh, Feb 3 (IANS) The Border Security Force (BSF) shot down a drone that was smuggling contraband from Pakistan in Punjab's Amritsar district on Friday.
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
The drone was recovered between the border fence and the Zero Line along with a packet of 5 kg heroin, wrapped in polythene.
At about 2.30 a.m. troops deployed on the border heard a buzzing sound of a suspected flying object entering from Pakistan into the Indian territory near Kakkar village in he district, said the BSF in a statement.
As per the laid down drill, troops endeavored to intercept the drone by firing.
The whole area was cordoned and police and other agencies were informed.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them