Brazil estimates over 301 mn tonnes in grain production for 2022-2023 - Brasilia News
by IANS | Updated Jan 13, 2023
CONAB expects the production of soybeans, Brazil's main export, which is nearing the end of its planting cycle, to total 152.7 million tonnes, 22.2 per cent higher than in 2021-2022, reports Xinhua news agency.
Regarding the three annual harvests of corn, the total is projected to be 125.06 million tonnes, an increase of 10.5 per cent in relation to the last cycle.
Meanwhile, CONAB forecasts a 9.3 per cent reduction in the cultivated area of rice, estimated at 1.5 million hectares, with production of 10.4 million tonnes.
In addition, the total area under bean cultivation is expected to decrease 1.8 per cent, to 2.96 million tonnes, CONAB said.
The wheat harvest, which has been completed, will reach a new record, estimated at 9.8 million tonnes, 27.2 per cent higher than the previous harvest.
- Chilly weather claims 170 lives in Afghanistan
- 6.3 magnitude quake hits Islamabad
- 44 killed as bus falls into ravine in Pakistan (Ld)
- Avalanche hits Japan's Nagano prefacture, several skiers found unconscious
- 10 children killed as boat capsizes in Pakistan (Ld)
- 16 rescued, nine missing after boat capsizes in Pakistan
- Pakistan hikes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 35
- Pakistan faces monumental crisis as economy tumbles
- Long queues at petrol pumps across Pakistan
- 39 killed as bus falls into ravine in Pakistan