Brazil cruise past S.Korea 4-1; set up Last 8 clash with Croatia - Doha News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The Koreans were completely outplayed by the Brazilian side in the first half as the South Americans scored 4 goals in a span of 29 minutes. The Asian side could salvage its reputation in the second half, but just, with the help of a 76th minute goal. The match ended 4-1 with Brazil set to take on Croatia in a quarter final clash.
The men in yellow began the assault on their Asian rivals when Vinicius Junior, assisted by Neymar Jr netted home in the seventh minute by a right foot shot. As a sea of yellow cheered their side incessantly in the 40,000-capacity stadium made with shipping containers, Brazil scored the second goal with the help of a penalty taken by Neymar Jr in the 13th minute.
Brazil's third goal came in the 29th minute when Richarlison shot from the centre of the box to make it 3-0. He was assisted by Thiago Silva.
Lucas Paqueta, assisted by Vinicius Junior, made no mistake in the 36th minute to make it 4-0 for the South American side.
Several South Korean fans left the stadium in tears as their team became the last Asian side to exit from the tournament on Tuesday.
- Real Madrid, Barcelona continue title race in La Liga (preview)
- ILT20: Breezy knocks by Md Waseem, Pollard take MI Emirates to playoffs
- SA20: MI Cape Town captain Rashid Khan asks teammates to play smart cricket in next matches
- KIYG 2022: Pole vaulter Dev Kumar sets junior national record, Maharashtra hold top spot (Round Up)
- Namibia name squad for ICC Cricket World Cup League 2
- ISL 2022-23: Silva special stuns Kerala Blasters FC as East Bengal FC register 1-0 win
- Amateur Aryan Roopa Anand wins PGTI Qualifying School 2023
- Prime Volleyball League: Bengaluru Torpedoes face Kolkata Thunderbolt in season opener
- Women's T20 World Cup: Delaney replaces injured Stokell in Ireland squad
- Thailand Masters 2023: India's campaign ends with Sai Praneeth's quarter-final loss