Boney Kapoor on 'Thunivu': The response is mind blowing - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
The tickets were sold out on Day 1 in all cinemas including special shows in over 130/140 cinemas in Tamil Nadu.
Boney said: "It's Day 1 of the release and the audience has crowded the cinema halls. The response is mind blowing. Working with Ajith is always amazing & this is also our third project together. I'm glad to see that the audience has loved the concept, VFX, storyline and much more."
The craze doesn't end at the box office. The audience also made big posters of the film and the creativity just gets better. This definitely has to be one of the most promising openings for a Tamil film in 2023.
Boney has hits like 'Hum Paanch', 'Woh 7 Din', 'Mr. India', 'Loafer', 'Judaai', 'Sirf Tum', 'Pukar', 'Hamara Dil Aapke Pas Hai', 'No Entry', 'Wanted' and the Telugu courtroom drama 'Vakeel Saab' with Pavan Kalyan and 'Nerkonda Paarvai' in Tamil with Ajith Kumar. His second film with Ajith, ‘Valimai' in Tamil, was a much-awaited film by audiences across India.
'Thunivu' is an action heist film written and directed by H. Vinoth. It stars Ajith Kumar, Manju Warrier, Samuthirakani and Pavani Reddy with John Kokken, Mamathi Chari, Ajay, Veera and Bagavathi Perumal in supporting roles.
The film was announced with the tentative title AK61 (Ajith's 61st film in a leading role) in February 2022, with the official title announced that September.
- TXT's new album sells over 2 million copies in debut week
- BTS' J-Hope tries long hair in photo book to be released on Feb 17
- Hansal Mehta's 'Faraaz' to release in 100 screens in India
- Will Smith should be forgiven for Oscar slap, says Serena Williams
- 'BB16': Double dose of glamour as Bollywood stars amp up fun quotient
- No stopping 'Pathaan' as it rakes in Rs 667 cr gross worldwide in 8 days
- Documentary on US veterans psychedelic drug use in the works
- Tiger Shroff dances to 'Main Khiladi' from 'Selfiee' with Akshay Kumar
- Aarya Babbar turns director for his short film 'Pill Hai Ke Manta Nahi'
- Adam Driver-starrer action-thriller '65' to release in India on March 10