BJP worker arrested in K'taka over minor girl's suicide case - Chikkamagalur (Karnataka) News
by IANS | Updated Jan 16, 2023
In her suicide note, the 17-year-old victim had blamed the accused Nitesh for her decision to take the extreme step.
A student of the Pre-University College, she had consumed pesticide and died on January 14 at a hospital.
In the note, the victim alleged that Nitesh had lied he was in love. She also said that he cheated and harassed her as well.
Deepthi consumed pesticide on Jan 10 and she was admitted to the A.J. Hospital in Mangaluru.
Initially, her family and relatives had alleged that the jurisdictional Kudremukh police did not file an FIR against the accused person.
A complaint was lodged against the accused only after the intervention of the Superintendent of Police.
The parents had urged the police to lodge a case under the provision of the POCSO Act against the accused.
The police had stated Nitesh and the victim quarreled and he had stopped taking her calls.
However, they maintained that the investigations would ascertain the allegations against him.
- Ex-Sikkim CM's party calls 48-hour state bandh
- Punjab Cabinet approves electric vehicle policy
- J'khand HC grants relief to Rahul Gandhi in case pertaining to remarks against Amit Shah
- Delhi HC dismisses 2006 Mumbai train blasts convict's plea for govt reports
- Calcutta HC upholds life sentence to Pakistani terrorist held in Kolkata
- All India Motor Transport Congress supports Himachal truckers' stir
- Two arrested for gang-raping minor in Bihar's Sheohar
- BJP wins 4 out of 5 seats in UP MLC election
- Assam: Massive crackdown against child marriages; 1,800 held
- Two Bengaluru cops suspended for extorting couple