BJP slams AAP for questioning ED over excise policy case - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 03, 2023
Addressing a press conference here, BJP leader and Union minister Meenakshi Lekhi said, "Anyone trying to question the ED is trying to question the apex court. The judiciary has upheld that ED's job is to mitigate corruption in the country. The way the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is questioning the ED, it is becoming clear that Arvind Kejriwal is with those who indulge in corruption. Kejriwal does not want corruption to end in this country."
She also alleged that the ED chargesheet makes it clear that "AAP has an alliance with unregulated businesses".
"The ED has proved through its investigation that AAP was indulging in corruption under the guise of liquor policy. Along with this, the agency also revealed that Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia were also involved in this," Lekhi said.
The court on Thursday took cognisance of the supplementary charge sheet filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) against five individuals and seven companies in connection with alleged irregularities in Delhi excise policy, which was withdrawn last year by the AAP government after a CBI probe was recommended into the matter.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them