BJP leader stabbed to death in Ahmedabad - Ahmedabad News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
Gomat is the husband of Viramgam Nagarpalika councillor Sonal.
Deputy Superintendent of Police D.S. Chauhan told IANS that on Tuesday late evening Harshadkumar Gomat was stabbed several times by his business and political rival Bharat Kathi and his six associates. Gomat succumbed to injuries when he was rushed to the Viramgam government hospital.
The complaint, however, makes no direct mention of political rivalry.
Harshad and his wife Sonal had contested the nagar palika elections from ward 2 of the Viramgam nagar palika as independent candidates. Sonal was elected to the nagar palika from the ward where accused Bharat Kathi lives.
"Kathi, once enjoyed a stronghold in the area. After Sonal was elected, Harshad influenced the government contracts and other contracts, challenging Bharat Kathi's dominance. This could have triggered the crime," said the officer.
"Kingpin Bharat Kathi and six others are detained, once their Covid report is negative, they will be officially arrested," said the officer.
- After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir
- TN power utility seeks approval to purchase solar power from farmers
- Jammu-Srinagar National Highway closed for 2nd day
- Sonia to attend President address as Congress leaders stuck in Srinagar
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time