BJP leader held after celebratory firing kills bouncer - Kanpur News
by IANS | Updated Nov 26, 2022
The incident took place on Friday night at a wedding ceremony in the Rail-Bazar area here.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (East), Shiva Ji, said that Gupta is associated with the BJP as a worker and holds no post in the party presently.
"We have also seized the gun which was used in the celebratory firing for forensic and ballistic test," he said.
The DCP said that Mohammad Sadiq, 32, along with several others were hired for ensuring security of the dancers and guests during the wedding ceremony on Friday night.
The deceased, a resident of Meerpur Cantt, had also been running a gym.
Gupta allegedly resorted to firing from his gun, as a result of which Sadiq suffered pellet injuries on his head, neck and chest.
Sadiq was rushed to the Lala Lajpat Rai (LLR) Hospital where he was declared dead, the DCP said.
- Vasundhara Raje posts old video on social media, sparks speculations
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.0 hits Manipur's Ukhrul
- Art exhibition featuring 105 artists opens in Chandigarh
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent