BJP demands FIR against Bihar Minister for his Ramcharitmanas comments - Patna News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Sinha asked Yadav to apologise for his comment and also demanded that Tejashwi Yadav should clear his stand on this issue.
"As per the Indian Penal Code (IPC), there are provisions to register FIR under the relevant IPC sections of religious criticism and criticising God. The way he has given the statement in public domain, he is liable to face action under the IPC section of 295A. Nitish Kumar should take action against him and direct the police to register FIR against him. He should also sack the education minister from the cabinet," Sinha said.
"The statement of Chandrashekhar Yadav has hurt the sentiments of crores of Hindu community who believe in Lord Ram. Tejashwi Yadav should also clarify his stand whether he is standing by him or not. Leaders like him can go to any extent to stay in power," Sinha said.
Besides Sinha, famous poet Kumar Vishwas and Ayodhya seer Jagadguru Paramhans Acharya also criticised him for his statement.
Yadav on Wednesday evening made the controversial statement and claimed that "Manusmriti, Ramcharitmanas and M.S. Golwarkar's Bunch of Thoughts spreads hatred in the society.
"People have burnt Manusmriti in the past. In Manusmriti, it has abused 85 per cent of the people of the society.
"In Ramcharitmanas, people of the lower castes have no right to education. It was pointed out that lower caste people after getting education become poisonous similar to snakes which becomes more poisonous after drinking milk. They are pronounced with the word 'Adham Jaat' (Lower castes)."
- Sangh is neither right nor left wing, says RSS general secretary
- Gujarat: Woman, paramour held for her son's murder
- Union Budget instrument to push country into huge debt: Sisodia
- Man held at Mumbai airport with cocaine valued at Rs 33.60cr
- Tripura tribal party to contest alone in Feb 16 Assembly polls
- India lists Pak-based terrorist Abdul Rehman Makki as UN-listed terrorist
- Rs 4K cr for 14,500 PM SHRI Schools, 20 lakh students to benefit
- 'Ameer ke saath, gareeb ka vinash': Siddaramaiah on Union Budget
- Defence Budget: Focus on operational preparedness; thrust on Agniveers' training
- Motivational speaker Nick Vujicic calls on Andhra CM