BJP demands Delhi govt pay salaries to temple priests too - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Feb 07, 2023
More than 5,000 seers and priests from different areas of Delhi shouted slogans demanding the Kejriwal government pay them a monthly salary like for imams of mosques.
State BJP Working President Virendra Sachdeva, Leader of Opposition Ramveer Singh Bidhuri, MPs Manoj Tiwari and Ramesh Bidhuri and former Mayor Jaiprakash addressed the protest organised by the BJP Temple Cell.
Leader of Opposition Ramveer Singh Bidhuri said if imams of the mosques are being given a salary, then why not the priests of temples.
Tiwari claimed that the Hindu society is most tolerant, but when its tolerance ends, a war like the one in Mahabharata occurs. "Today, Kejriwal is behaving like Duryodhan with the priests of the temples of Delhi, which will not be tolerated," he said, adding the BJP is determined that the priests should also get all the arrangements or facilities which other communities are getting.
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them