'BJP could have focused more on MCD polls had Gujarat, Himachal elections didn't coincide' - Guwahati News
by IANS | Updated Dec 07, 2022
Sarma's remarks came after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday secured a comfortable majority to wrest power from the BJP in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi by securing 134 seats in the 250-ward civic body.
Asserting that the BJP would perform well in Gujarat where counting of votes will be taken up on Thursday, Sarma said, "In Delhi, contrary to the predictions (by exit polls) of 60-70 seats, we (BJP) performed much better to win 104 wards. Had the Assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh did not coincide with the MCD polls, we could have focused more on the MCD elections."
The Assam Chief Minister, who had campaigned for the BJP both in Gujarat and Delhi, said: "The popularity of Prime minister Narendra Modi is only growing."
- J'khand: Protests break out as 2 die, 3 get injured in elephant attacks
- Work begins to restore Hyderabad's Sardar Mahal
- Worker killed in accident at chemical factory in Hyderabad
- K'taka Cong chief gets ED summons, daughter receives CBI notice
- Kerala's trangender couple blessed with baby
- Rahul making baseless allegations against govt: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Police arrests Amity student who tried to run over traffic cop
- BRS MLAs poaching case: SC to hear on Feb 17 plea against CBI probe
- Did Centre give directions to raid SDPI offices? K'taka HC to govt
- Kashmir Pandit body demands SIT to assess role of NC, PDP in promoting 'Muslim separatism'