Biden to deliver his State of the Union address on Feb 7 - Washington News
by IANS | Updated Jan 14, 2023
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters that Biden had accepted House Speaker Kevin McCarthy's invitation to address a joint session of Congress on February 7, Xinhua news agency reported.
This would be Biden's second State of the Union speech and the first before a divided Congress with Republicans taking control of the House of Representatives and Democrats still running the Senate.
Biden, a Democrat, is facing a string of investigations led by House Republicans into his administration and his family.
The State of the Union address is a message from the US President to Congress, usually given in the early months of the year.
- Police targeted in Peshawar mosque attack; toll mounts to 47
- Sikhs call for probe after N Carolina gurdwara vandalised
- Asif Ali Zardari sends Rs 10 bn legal notice to Imran Khan
- Phoebe Dynevor exits 'Bridgerton' season 3
- UAE Prez's Islamabad visit cancelled due to bad weather
- Imran to contest all 33 seats of National Assembly
- TTP claims responsibility for Peshawar mosque attack, toll rises to 32 (4th Ld)
- 28 killed, 150 injured in blast at Peshawar mosque (3rd Ld)
- 8 people shot dead at birthday party in S.Africa
- 19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr