Bengal teachers' recruitment scam: Maximum illegal recruitments made for English - Kolkata News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
Following the instruction of Justice Abhijit Gangopadhyay of Calcutta High Court on Thursday afternoon, the WBSSC has published on its website the names of the 183 candidates deemed by the commission to have illegally procured teachers' jobs.
According to the list, the maximum number of illegal recruitments was made for the subject of English at 57, followed by geography -- 30, life science -- 22, Bengali -- 21, MMathematics and Physical Science -- 18 each and finally history -- 17. They all got appointments in 2016.
Besides asking the WBSSC to publish these names on the website of the commission, Justice Gangopadhyay has also sought explanation on steps taken for termination of services of these illegally-appointed teachers.
Meanwhile, the commission has pegged the number of illegal recruitments for the 9th and 10th standards at just 183, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is conducting a probe in the teachers' recruitment scam, has submitted a separate list to court on this count where the figure has been pegged at 952.
On Thursday, Justice Gangopadhyay asked the counsels of three parties -- CBI, WBSSC and the petitioners -- in the case to sit together on December 3, discuss the documents like optical marks recognition (OMR) sheets and hard discs seized or recovered in the matter and settle out the matter related to difference in the two figures.
He has also directed the CBI to submit a report to his bench on the result of the joint findings.
While issuing the directions, Justice Gangopadhyay asked WBSSC and CBI not to be scared as "bigger rats will emerge" during the course of investigation.
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent
- India offers customised training modules to Royal Cambodian Army
- Kerala transgender couple gears up for parenthood after trans man gets pregnant
- 'Will apply only prospectively': SC on order to treat OCIs as NRIs in tests for medical courses