Beggar kills borrower's 2-yr-old daughter over Rs 500 in Gujarat - Bhavnagar (Saurashtra) News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Neelambag police have registered a murder case against 62-year-old Chagan Parmar.
According to a complaint filed by Kantaben Charoliya, her daughter Sonal had gone missing on December 26.
While scanning the CCTV camera, the police found Chagan carrying the little girl. Both the families live on a footpath. On Wednesday, police picked up the accused and inquired about the girl.
During interrogation, Chagan told police that he had lent Rs 5,000 to the girl's mother Kantaben a few years ago. Though she paid Rs 4500 back, but was not repaying the remaining amount for which there used to be frequent quarrels between the two. So, to avenge, he kidnapped Sonal, took her to an isolated place near new Bandar road, and strangled her with a plastic rope and disposed of the body in bushes."
The body was recovered on Wednesday and sent for post-mortem. The accused has been detained and will be arrested once his corona report is negative.
- BJP RS MP Sushil Modi blames RJD for Chhapra violence
- 225 candidates in fray in Feb 27 Nagaland Assembly polls
- 37 women among 379 candidates in fray for Meghalaya Assembly polls
- Health Ministry extends NEET PG 2023 internship completion date
- Delhi LG writes to Haryana CM for sustainable solution to Yamuna pollution
- Chopped Shraddha's body into more than 17 pieces, Aftab confessed: Charge sheet
- Nadda to release manifesto for Tripura polls on Feb 9
- One killed in fire after cylinder explodes in west Delhi
- ED seized Rs 859.15 cr under PMLA in illegal loan apps cases: MoS Finance
- Manipur finally gets rights body chief