Bangladesh records highest monthly exports of over $5 bn in Nov - Dhaka News
by IANS | Updated Dec 04, 2022
The Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) data showed Bangladesh exported goods worth $5,092.56 million in November, which was 26.01 per cent higher than the same month a year ago, Xinhua news agency reported.
The EPB data showed that Bangladesh's total exports in the first five months of the current 2022-23 fiscal year (July 2022-June 2023) reached nearly $21.95 billion, up 10.89 per cent year-on-year.
Of the total earnings, the EPB data showed the country's income from ready-made knitwear and woven garment items surged 15.61 per cent to $18.33 billion during the cited period.
Bangladesh saw exports soar more than 34 per cent to $52.08 billion in the 2021-22 fiscal year (July 2021-June 2022), official data showed.
- 22.6 mn Ethiopians food insecure due to drought, conflict, rising prices
- Travel between HK, mainland China to fully resume from Feb 6
- Pak needs to enhance exports for sustainable economic growth: Minister
- Lebanon, Cyprus sign deal to boost military cooperation
- 340 kg of drugs seized in France: Police
- Pakistani rupee continues speedy crash against USD, suffers another big fall
- S.Korean Air Force rescue team stages cold-weather drills
- 2 arrested over 'cartel like execution' in California
- US remains committed to using full range of capabilities to defend S.Korea: Blinken
- NATO urges Russia to respect nuclear pact with US