Bangladesh plans to adjust power, energy prices on monthly basis - Dhaka News
by IANS | Updated Jan 10, 2023
State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid said they are working on a plan to adjust power and energy prices every month, reports Xinhua news agency.
The Minister said backlog made due to financial losses in gas import would be possible to overcome to some extent if the price adjustment is made on a monthly basis.
The government's subsidy to the power and energy sector will continue as the recent price hike would not cover the full loss in the sector, he added.
Bangladesh increased the electricity price by 19.92 per cent at the wholesale level from last month.
- Impossible to prepare for such a massive disaster: Turkey's Erdogan
- One dead, 7 missing from migrant boat rescued by Spain
- Aus Sikh temple to get new building as community grows
- EU mobilises 36 rescue teams for quake-stricken Turkey
- UN says 8.3 mln people require humanitarian aid in Somalia
- Turkey-Syria quake toll crosses 11,000 (Ld)
- Milwaukee Police's first India-born officer retires after 21 yrs
- S.Korean Parliament votes to impeach Interior Minister over 2022 crowd crush
- NZ govt provides support package for flood-affected Auckland businesses
- 12 terrorists killed in Pakistan military operation