Ban China firms from tendering process: SJM
by IANS | Updated Jun 17, 2020
The Manch -- an affiliate of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh that deals with economic issues -- also demanded the cancellation of the lowest bid made by China's Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co Ltd for the construction of an underground stretch of the Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System project.
Appealing to the Indians to boycott Chinese products, the Manch demanded a ban on the import of Chinese goods and levy of cess on China-made products sold in India.
Manch co-convener Ashwani Mahajan told IANS that he is appealing to the Indian actors, sportspersons and other celebrities not to promote Chinese products which, he said, would be a true tribute to the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Mahajan also demanded that an agreement inked recently between the Maharashtra government and a Chinese auto company be cancelled.
- BRS & AAP to boycott Prez address
- PM Modi to visit poll bound K'taka on Feb 6
- Rape victim's brother found dead in UP's Meerut
- PM Modi to inaugurate Delhi-Mumbai Expressway on Feb 12
- Three held for duping Swiss tourist at Taj Mahal
- Prez Murmu to address joint sitting of Parliament first time
- Two UP officials booked for trader's death in custody
- Woman murdered in Magh Mela township in UP
- Maurya's MP daughter avoids controversy, focuses on polls
- Sitharaman to present economic survey for 2022-23 in Parliament today