Auto-Expo 2023: Interior made from recycled plastic & fishnet debris, Kia reveals its EV9 concept SUV - Noida/New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
The car was first unveiled to the world at the 2021 Los Angeles Motor show. With the aim to give a futuristic layout, the EV9's interior is made from materials, including natural wool yarns, recycled plastic, fishnet debris, and plant-based materials.
Besides, it also features a 27-inch display screen and a panoramic sunroof. The Kia EV9 concept car's battery pack is 77.4 kWh in size which is expected to give the SUV a range of about 540 kilometres.
Kia had previously launched the EV6 in India but it comes through an import route and the price is around Rs 60 lakh (ex-showroom).
Tea-Jin Park, MD & CEO, Kia India said that the company will replace 20 per cent plastic parts with recycled plastic by 2030 and they will collaborate with NGOs and recycle plastic.
"The company will produce an EV made in India for India by 2025. We will require few hardware and software changes to meet new RDE norms," said Myunk Sik Sohn, Chief Sales Officer, Kia India.
- Chip-maker Intel to layoff about 340 employees at California campus
- Samsung's Q4 profit drops 69% on sluggish demand, lowest since 2014
- Indian economy remains a 'bright spot' per IMF
- SC upholds NCLAT order on dues of Jet Airways' former employees
- ITC commences Rs 450 cr food manufacturing facility in Telangana
- Govt progressing on policy of adopting import substitutes, cost-effective indigenous fuels: Gadkari
- All outstanding ratings, including Adani company, under continuous surveillance: Acuite Ratings
- Sindhudurg to be linked with Hyderabad, Mysuru by 2 flights a week
- LIC's exposure to Adani group is only 0.975% of its AUM
- Xiaomi's Manu Jain moves on after 9 yrs, prepares for 'beginning of a new journey'