Army helps distribute 10,000 ration kits in J&K, Ladakh - Srinagar News
by IANS | Updated Jun 18, 2020
Shaurya Chakra awardee Major Pradeep Arya said in a statement on Thursday the Additional Income Tax Commissioner, Mumbai, organized the army's outreach programme, which was supported by Lt General Y.K. Joshi, commander of the Udhampur headquartered northern command.
The outreach programme covered Drass, Kargil, Leh and Siachen in Ladakh, and Srinagar, Awantipora, Gulmarg, Sopore, Bandipora, Kupwara and Sonamarg in the Kashmir division and Udhampur, Doda, Kistwar, Ramban and Reasi in the Jammu division.
"Now more than ever it's important to collaborate and work together to support local communities and the needy, struggling due to the Covid-19 crisis," Major Arya said.
- Kuldeep Yadav 2.0 could be India's X-factor against Australia
- YSRCP rebel MLA alleges threat to life
- Woman professor molested by bike-borne men in Kerala
- Andhra hostel warden dies of shock after student kills self
- Gujarat mob lynching: 5 cops suspended for dereliction of duty
- Cong targets govt's friends with benefits, slams MGNREGA budget cut
- BJP mega campaign eyes political benefits of Budget's Saptarishi
- Gehlot red flags cuts in Ministry of Agriculture and MGNREGA budgets
- Bihar politicos reduce 'Special State' status demand to post-Budget ritual
- 'Raw deal' to Telangana gives BRS fresh ammunition to attack BJP