Apple may launch MacBook with OLED display in 2024 - San Francisco News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo shared the information on Twitter and said that the tech giant is planning to release a laptop with an OLED screen because "OLEDs have the advantage of being thinner and lighter and offering more diverse form factor design options, like folding."
Kuo also said, "It's expected that with Apple's adoption, the growth of OLED laptop shipments will continue to surge in the coming years."
Meanwhile, last month, a report mentioned that the demand for mini-LED displays in consumer products is shrinking, according to Apple's key mini-LED supplier, while the demand for these displays in other use cases is rising in anticipation of the company's transition to OLED displays for the iPad and MacBook.
In June last year, it was reported that the iPhone maker might launch a 13-inch MacBook model with an OLED display in 2024.
- IIT Kanpur to launch haptic smartwatch for blind, visually impaired
- Smartphone app may help spot stroke symptoms as they occur
- Researchers develop device to detect brain tumour through urine
- Apple may launch 'HomePod mini 2' in 2024
- YouTube releases 'Go Live Together' for creators to co-stream on phone
- Twitter expands Blue service to 6 more countries
- Google to host event about AI on Feb 8
- Apple, Google urged to remove TikTok from app stores by US Senator
- WhatsApp may soon let users pin messages within chats, group
- Car-sharing firm Getaround lays off 10% of workforce