Another Pak Army Chief probable goes for early retirement - Rawalpindi News
by IANS | Updated Nov 26, 2022
The news of Lt Gen Hamid's retirement comes a day after family sources said that Pakistan Army's Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Azhar Abbas had sought early retirement as well.
The two army men were listed among the six army officers nominated by the General Headquarters for the army chief's post, Geo News reported.
CGS Lt Gen Azhar Abbas decided to bid farewell, seeking early retirement, his brother confirmed to Geo News on Friday.
"I confirm that Lt Gen Azhar Abbas has sought earlier retirement to maintain his grace, honour and dignity as a decorated officer of Pakistan Army," he said.
"Known for his professionalism, farsightedness and leadership, Lt Gen Azhar Abbas has decided to bid farewell, seeking early retirement -- true to his personality," a trusted family source said.
It may be noted that Lt Gen Hamid was the director-general of Inter-Services Intelligence of Pakistan while Imran Khan was prime minister.
- Okinawa demands explanation from Japanese govt on new security documents
- Peruvian president urges Congress to approve early polls
- Pakistan Finance Minister seeks divine intervention to rescue sinking economy
- US, India to hold diplomatic consultations: State Dept
- Imran accuses Zardari of paying money to terror outfit for his assassination
- UK mulls allowing foreign students to work for longer hours
- Ancient marble statue of Hercules emerges after sewer work in Rome park
- Indian-American loses election to head Republican Party after challenging establishment
- UNHCR chief 'appalled' by destruction in Ukraine
- Russia not invited to ceremony marking Auschwitz liberation