'Anonymous' parents booked for abandoning newborn in UP - Pilibhit (Uttar Pradesh) News
by IANS | Updated Nov 28, 2022
The FIR has been lodged on the directives of the child welfare committee (CWC).
Achal Singh, SHO said that sub-inspector Devanand Shukla filed a written complaint in the matter.
"After being rescued by the police, the baby girl was handed over to the child helpline. From there, she was admitted to the special newborn care unit (SNCU) for a day on November 18 at the district women's hospital by the CWC.
Later, she was taken to the district hospital in Bareilly for expert medical aid and care and was kept there from November 19 and 26," said Nirvan Singh, district coordinator of the child helpline.
CWC chairperson Purnima Pandey said that after the baby's health recovered, she was sent to the official custody of a specialised adoption agency (SAA) in Badaun for her further nourishment and adoption.
- Vasundhara Raje posts old video on social media, sparks speculations
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.0 hits Manipur's Ukhrul
- Art exhibition featuring 105 artists opens in Chandigarh
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent