Amit Shah holds meeting on Joshimath crisis - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 12, 2023
Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari, RK Singh, Bhupendra Yadav, Gajendra Shekhawat along with senior officers were present at the meeting.
Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla, BRO and NDRF officials also participated.
Shah had sought information about the situation in the holy city in a telephonic conversation with Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Wednesday, and provided assurances of help.
The Home Ministry and Amit Shah have been closely monitoring the Joshimath situation.
According to sources, information regarding the relief and rescue operations being carried out in the city were shared in the meet, apart from discussing future strategies.
NDRF and SDRF teams are present in the city in view of the increasing number of cracks appearing in buildings, the risk of landslides and land subsidence.
At the same time, a high-level central team under the leadership of Border Management Secretary Dr Dharmendra Singh Gangwar has been taking stock of the situation.
BJP national president J.P. Nadda also spoke to Dhami on the issue.
- Udayanidhi Stalin to campaign for EVKS Elangovan in Erode East bypolls
- Dalit family gets police protection after threats from upper castes in UP
- Noida STF arrests 'solver' gang member carrying Rs 25K reward
- PM Modi wears jacket made of material recycled from plastic bottles
- Why CBI not initiating action against illegally recruited non-teaching staff: Calcutta H
- Covid cases in India could be 17 times more: Study
- 108 Buddhists from Republic of Korea on a 43-day pilgrimage
- Dos and don'ts of baby skincare for first-time parents
- Samantha Power arrives in Kathmandu amid growing US-China rivalry in South Asia
- Delhi HC asks social media platforms to take down sexually explicit videos of judicial officer