Alcoholic father ends life hours before daughter's marriage in UP - Lucknow News
by IANS | Updated Nov 28, 2022
According to police, Sunil Kumar Dwivedi, 58, was found hanging from the ceiling with a 'gamchha' tied around his neck in his house in the Tikrasani village in Mohanlalganj area, on the outskirts of Lucknow.
The incident came to light when some of his relatives reached the room and found him hanging.
His son Ankur said Sunil was alcoholic and his relatives used to oppose his drinking habit.
"He returned home in a drunken state on Saturday and started abusing his relatives who had reached the house to attend the marriage. His behaviour seemed insulting to some of them and he was given a dressing down. Probably hurt over the incident, he took the extreme step," he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
- Vasundhara Raje posts old video on social media, sparks speculations
- Earthquake of magnitude 4.0 hits Manipur's Ukhrul
- Art exhibition featuring 105 artists opens in Chandigarh
- BJP MLAs stage sit-in outside Kejriwal's residence over pending salary at 12 DU colleges
- Delhi shop owner held for staging fake robbery
- In a new outreach, RSS leader Indresh Kumar meets representatives of Muslim countries
- CPI-M will not form govt in India in 500 years: Assam CM
- Two juveniles nabbed for duping people on pretext of installing bar codes
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 9.12 cr of Kolkata bizman in black money case
- Work towards nation building: Assam CM tells state's NCC, NSS contingent