Akhilendra Mishra: Always wanted to play Ravan - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Jun 16, 2020
"I always wanted to play Ravan. 'Ramayan' was my first ever mythological serial. I had a routine set for myself. I would daily visit the Shiv mandir in Baroda and recite Shiv Tandav and meditate for an hour before reaching the set. Since the temple was in the Army premises, I had got special permissions to visit the temple," he recalled.
"I am a huge follower of Bholenath. My belief in Bholenath helped me perform the role with ease. This routine of going to the temple followed by shoot lasted for around seven months. During those days, I got to read a lot about Lord Ram and Ravan. Overall, it was a beautiful experience," he said of shooting for the show, which currently airs on Dangal TV.
- TXT's new album sells over 2 million copies in debut week
- BTS' J-Hope tries long hair in photo book to be released on Feb 17
- Hansal Mehta's 'Faraaz' to release in 100 screens in India
- Will Smith should be forgiven for Oscar slap, says Serena Williams
- 'BB16': Double dose of glamour as Bollywood stars amp up fun quotient
- No stopping 'Pathaan' as it rakes in Rs 667 cr gross worldwide in 8 days
- Documentary on US veterans psychedelic drug use in the works
- Tiger Shroff dances to 'Main Khiladi' from 'Selfiee' with Akshay Kumar
- Aarya Babbar turns director for his short film 'Pill Hai Ke Manta Nahi'
- Adam Driver-starrer action-thriller '65' to release in India on March 10