Air India 'pee-gate': Delhi court reserves order on accused's bail plea - New Delhi News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
Metropolitan Magistrate, Patiala House courts Komal Garg reserved her order on the plea after arguments from both sides.
Appearing for Mishra, advocate Manu Sharma stated before the court that Delhi Police registered an FIR in only one non-bailable offense, while others are bailable offenses.
The Public Prosecutor opposed the accused's request for bail on the grounds that the accused is a powerful individual and, if granted bail, could sway the complainant.
The PP also said that the police have filed a revision petition against denial of police remand and that is listed for Thursday. The court was further told that statements of three crew members and two-three passengers are yet to be recorded.
The complainant's lawyer contended that intoxication could never be used as an excuse, adding that the court has to examine whether bail can be granted to an offender who first apologised but later recanted.
The lawyer also told the court that the accused's father had messaged the victim on WhatsApp saying karma will hit her but later deleted the message.
On January 7, the court sent Mishra to 14 days judicial custody.
Mishra has been booked under Sections 510 (misconduct in public by a drunken person), 509 (insulting the modesty of a woman), 294 (sings, recites or utters any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place), and 354 (intending to outrage modesty) of the Indian Penal Code as well as a section of the Aircraft Rules Act in a case registered at the IGI Airport police station.
- Bhaichung Bhutia participates in Bharat Jodo Yatra with Rahul
- Work in progress to fine-tune alignment for Hyderabad Metro
- TDP to raise post-bifurcation issues in Parliament
- Bikers ram, chase car in Bengaluru, police launch hunt for accused
- Interstate gang behind paper leak, new exam dates in 100 days: GPSSB Chairman
- KTR invited to World Environmental & Water Resources Congress
- UNGA President Csaba Korosi arrives in India on three-day visit
- Modi Council of Ministers meeting on, big decisions expected
- Rahul Gandhi must thank PM for hoisting Tricolour at Lal Chowk: BJP
- Delhi CM urges Centre to provide 1,300 MGD water to ensure round-the-clock supply