AIADMK leaders led by EPS pay floral tributes to Jayalalithaa on her 6th death anniversary - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Dec 05, 2022
The AIADMK leaders paid their respects at Jaya memorial in Marina beach. The leaders, Palaniswami, D. Jayakumar, K.P. Munuswamy, and others were dressed in black clothes while paying their floral tributes to the former Chief Minister.
The deposed AIADMK leader and former Chief Minister, O. Panneerselvam also paid tributes to the former Chief Minister at her memorial in the Marina accompanied by a few of his trusted supporters, including Vaithalingam.
J. Deepa, niece of Jayalalithaa paid tributes at the residence of the former Chief Minister, Veda Nilayam.
Jayalalithaa passed away after 75 days of hospitalisation on December 5, 2016, at a private hospital in Chennai. The Justice Arumughaswamy commission, which probed the death of the late Chief Minister, had submitted its report to Chief Minister M.K. Stalin in August 2022. There were several criticisms in the report that include Jayalalithaa not having been taken abroad for treatment.
- Over 4,000 youths cheated on pretext of 'gigolo', escort jobs, two arrested
- Did Shakespeare predict J&K's bigwig land grabbers in his sublime tragedy?
- Delhi L-G recommends Sisodia's name to Home Ministry for probe over Feedback Unit
- Campaigning for Tripura polls at high pitch
- '1,457 cases pending related to compensation for land acquisition'
- Police report on postering in front of Justice Mantha's residence lacks specifics
- 2 held in Tamil Nadu for poaching 18 turtles
- Maha: MVA, others seek probe into scribe's 'murder', decry lawlessness
- Karnataka's ruling BJP, opposition parties gear up for last Assembly session
- Upendra Kushwaha has given his 'dil' to someone else: RJD leader