AIADMK challenges Stalin to a debate on schemes implemented in Tamil Nadu - Chennai News
by IANS | Updated Nov 30, 2022
He was responding to the allegations made by Stalin on Tuesday at a public function that the previous AIADMK government during its ten-year regime had taken the state backwards.
Palaniswami said that the Reserve Bank of India in its industrial report had stated that Tamil Nadu has become the number one state in the country and that was only because of the steps taken by the AIADMK government.
The Opposition leader asked the Chief Minister whether any schemes were implemented for any new industries started during the eighteen months of his government.
He said that he was ready for a debate at any place regarding the schemes executed during the ten-year period of the AIADMK government (2011- 2021) and asked the Chief Minister to explain what schemes were implemented during the last 18 months of his regime.
Palaniswami said that the police have tracked the details of 2138 people who were selling ganja to students near educational institutions but could arrest only 148 such persons. He said that many of those involved in the drug trade were closely associated with the DMK's local leaders. He alleged that cocaine worth Rs 360 crore was seized from a DMK councillor recently.
He said that the DMK government had taken one and a half years to enact legislation against online gaming.
- She walks into the wild to tend to the beasts
- Tripura polls: BJP CEC to finalise candidates today (Ld)
- Tripura polls: BJP CEC to finalise candidates today
- Venkaiah Naidu, CMs of Telugu states condole death of Jamuna
- RSS calls BBC 'toolkit that spreads lies and propaganda'
- Morbi tragedy: 1,262-page charge sheet filed, Jaysukh Patel named prime accused
- Prajadvani Yatra by K'taka Cong enters JD(S) bastion
- Monish Gujral's 'On the Pickle Trail' takes you on a global odyssey with its 100 recipes
- SC agrees to examine plea by AAP Mayoral candidate for time-bound election
- Gujarat: 7 killed in road mishaps in 12 hrs