After two days of rain & snow weather improves in Kashmir - Srinagar News
Srinagar, Jan 31 (IANS) After two days of rain and heavy snowfall, the weather improved in J&K on Tuesday with bright sunshine in Jammu division and dry yet foggy morning in the Valley.
by IANS | Updated Jan 31, 2023
"Weather is likely to remain dry in J&K during the next 24 hours," an official of the Meteorological (MeT) department said.
The 40-day long period of harsh winter known locally as the 'Chillai Kalan', which started on December 21, ended on Monday.
Srinagar had zero, Pahalgam minus 4.7 and Gulmarg minus 8.4 degrees Celsius as the minimum temperature.
In Ladakh region, Kargil had minus 10.2 and Leh minus 8 as the minimum temperature.
Jammu had 7.1, Katra 6.1, Batote minus 0.5, Banihal minus 0.4 and Bhaderwah 0.2 as the minimum temperature.
Disclaimer: This story is auto-aggregated by a computer program and has not been created or edited by FreshersLIVE.Publisher : IANS-Media
- Goa Speaker grants six weeks to 8 defected MLAs to file reply on disqualification
- Nadda, Tomar to launch Natural Farming Kisan Jagran Abhiyan from UP next week
- Punjab Police arrested 10,576 drug smugglers: Official
- Punjab CM review arrangements for Hola Mohalla celebrations
- Youth hacked to death near court complex in Coimbatore
- MP: Khandwa tense after Hanuman's idol installed in Muslim house
- LCA Tejas at the centre stage of 'India Pavilion' at Aero India 2023
- DRI seizes 24.4 kg gold worth Rs 14 cr, arrests 8 from near B'desh border
- BSF airlifts 3 patients, 4 bodies from snow-bound Tanghdhar in J&K
- J'khand: 4 houses gutted as live wire falls on them