Aditya Birla Cup 2023: Mayfair Polo beat Navy/Ben Stallion Polo - Mumbai News
by IANS | Updated Jan 11, 2023
In the first chukker, Siddhant Sharma scored the first goal to give Mayfair Polo the lead. Both teams failed to create any significant chances for the rest of the chukker, the scoreline at the end of the chukker was Mayfair Polo - Navy/Ben Stallion Polo (1-0).
In the second chukker, Jayvirsinh Gohil scored the second goal for his team. In the second half of the chukker, Abhimanyu Pathak scored the first for Navy/Ben Stallion Polo, the scoreline at the end of the chukker was Mayfair Polo - Navy/Ben Stallion Polo (2-1).
Whereas, in the third chukker, Mitesh Mehta scored the third goal for Mayfair Polo. Late in the chukker Siddhant Sharma scored once again to further increase Mayfair Polo's lead. The scoreline at the end of the chukker was Mayfair Polo - Navy/Ben Stallion Polo (4-1).
And in the fourth chukker, Siddhant Scored once again and completed his hattrick. Abhimanyu Pathak scored again for the Navy/Ben Stallion Polo but in the end they fell short. The scoreline at the end of the chukker was Mayfair Polo - Navy/Ben Stallion Polo (5-2).
There are five teams participating in the tournament and each team will play against two of the other four teams as per the draws. Each win will be awarded with two points and the two teams with highest points will face each other in the finals. If there is a tie between 3 or more teams then a penalty shoot will take place to determine the two finalists.
Each team consists of 4 players and their ranking is given as handicapped. The rankings range from -2 to +10 as per their performances and skills.
- ILT20: Md Waseem's 86 leads MI Emirates to massive 157 run-win over Desert Vipers (Ld)
- ILT20: Md Waseem's fantastic knock helps Desert Vipers clinch biggest win of the event
- FIH Odisha Men's Hockey World Cup 2023 successfully wraps up
- U19 Women's T20 WC: With happy tears, Shafali Verma finally has her tryst with trophy
- ISL 2022-23: Diamantakos' brace helps Kerala Blasters beat NorthEast United 2-0
- 2nd T20I: It is a shocker of a wicket, Hardik criticises 'spin-dominating' Lucknow pitch
- Hockey: World Champions Germany rise to the top in FIH Rankings; Netherlands in 2nd spot
- 2nd T20I: Bowlers, Suryakumar guide India to nervy win over New Zealand (Ld)
- Desperate Bayern Munich struggling to meet Paris on eye level (Analysis)
- 2nd T20I: India survive spin scare to beat New Zealand by 6 wickets, level series 1-1