Absconding SP MLA surrenders in Kanpur - Kanpur News
by IANS | Updated Dec 02, 2022
The brothers surrendered at the residence of Police Commissioner B.P. Jogdand in the presence of fellow SP MLAs Amitabh Bajpai and Rumi Hasan.
The MLA was accompanied by his wife Naseema and children.
Irfan had been absconding on the charge of setting fire to a hut built on a disputed plot.
An FIR was registered against the MLA and his brother under serious sections at the Jajmau police station. The police were continuously carrying out raids to arrest him.
A non-bailable warrant was issued by the court against the MLA and his brother. After this, Irfan filed a petition for anticipatory bail in the district judge's court.
Earlier this week, the police picked up SP leader Noori Shaukat for questioning.
On Tuesday, Irfan's cousin Uzma Solanki was picked up for questioning.
- Tamil Nadu: Avadi commissionerate begins bicycle patrolling
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 13.87cr in bank fraud case
- Coal scam: Recovery amount by ED rises to Rs 1.25 cr, Gajraj Towers' name surfaces (Ld)
- Police nab one for Maha scribe's death, MVA, BUJ, PUCL slam govt (Lead)
- Andhra Cabinet's nod for National Law University at Kurnool
- SC collegium recommends appointment of Chief Justices of 4 HCs
- J&K launches project to promote sustainable agriculture
- J&K: CBI arrests 2 in bribe case
- Leopard that attacked 3 in Ghaziabad court captured (Ld)
- SC removes reference to Sikkimese-Nepalese as 'persons of foreign origin' in its verdict