8 JeM, HM militants killed in separate ginfights in Kashmir
by IANS | Updated Jun 19, 2020
One terrorist was killed on Thursday in an encounter with the security forces in Meej village of Awantipora area, following which two other terrorists had taken refuge inside a mosque in the village.
Vijay Kumar, IGP (Kashmir) said, "Patience and professionalism worked. No use of firing or IED. Used tear smoke shells only. Maintained the sanctity of the mosque. Both militants hiding inside the mosque have been neutralised."
The slain terrorists belonged to Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) outfit.
In the other gunfight in Bandpawa village of Shopian district, four terrorists were killed on Friday and one on Thursday in encounter with the security forces. Police said they were a mixed group of both JeM and Hizbul Mujahideen.
Security forces including the local police, Rashtriya Rifles and the central reserve police carried out the operations after receiving specific information about the presence of terrorists in Awantipora area of Pulwama and in Bandpawa village of Shopian district.
Reports said the security forces did not suffer any casualty during these operations.
"The Awantipora operation has ended while the Shopian operation is still going on," police said.
- Mehbooba detained by Delhi Police during protest
- 3 must-read books for tea-lovers
- How the timing of your food can affect weight loss
- What is 'Dry Dating' and why is it popular in 2023?
- Natural fibres popular in 2023
- Udayanidhi Stalin to campaign for EVKS Elangovan in Erode East bypolls
- Dalit family gets police protection after threats from upper castes in UP
- Noida STF arrests 'solver' gang member carrying Rs 25K reward
- PM Modi wears jacket made of material recycled from plastic bottles
- Why CBI not initiating action against illegally recruited non-teaching staff: Calcutta H