7 monkeys electrocuted in UP district

Updated December 16, 2020

social social social social 7 monkeys electrocuted in UP district

IANS

Bijnor (Uttar Pradesh), Dec 16 (IANS) Seven monkeys were electrocuted when they came in contact with a 'live' submersible pipe while drinking water from a tube well.

The accident took place on Monday evening in a government school in the Bagwara village in Bijnor when the electric pump was on.

It is believed that due to malfunctioning of the pump, a live wire came in contact with the pipe, causing the electrocution of the monkeys.

The village head informed police about the accident. Police rushed to the spot. Later, a forest department team also inspected the place.

M. Semmaran, Bijnor divisional forest officer, said, "A troop of monkeys were drinking water at a tube well in the school when they came in contact with a charged pipe. All seven died one by one in trying to save one another. However, a probe is on."

Trending News