6.2-magnitude quake jolts Indonesia, no potential for tsunami - Jakarta News
by IANS | Updated Dec 06, 2022
According to the national meteorological, climatological and geophysical agency, the earthquake occurred at 1.07 p.m. with the epicentre situated 284 km southwest of Jember Regency and at a depth of 10 km under the seabed, Xinhua news reported.
The tremors of the quake did not have the potential to trigger giant waves, it said.
- 22.6 mn Ethiopians food insecure due to drought, conflict, rising prices
- Travel between HK, mainland China to fully resume from Feb 6
- Pak needs to enhance exports for sustainable economic growth: Minister
- Lebanon, Cyprus sign deal to boost military cooperation
- 340 kg of drugs seized in France: Police
- Pakistani rupee continues speedy crash against USD, suffers another big fall
- S.Korean Air Force rescue team stages cold-weather drills
- 2 arrested over 'cartel like execution' in California
- US remains committed to using full range of capabilities to defend S.Korea: Blinken
- NATO urges Russia to respect nuclear pact with US